ABOUT PATHFINDER MINISTRY
We are, without a doubt, smack in the middle of the information age. Since you are making the time and have the interest, we welcome you to surf through the web page of Pathfinder Ministries for the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America. We are delighted with your interest in this ministry, and hope that you will be able to easily access what you are looking for.
If you are not yet a Pathfinder, join. If you are already a Pathfinder, stay. If you are a Pathfinder staff, parent or pastor, thank you for all you do to make this ministry viable and relevant.
WHO ARE PATHFINDERS?
Pathfinders are a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join the organization.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!
Joining a Local Pathfinders Club
Pathfinders is for those who are in the fifth (5th) grade or its equivalent through the eighth (8th) grade. 5th and 6th graders are often referred to as "Junior" pathfinders, and 7th and 8th graders are often referred to as "Teen" Pathfinders.
The Teen Leadership Training (TLT) program works closely with the Pathfinder program and is for high school students (grades 9-12).
Staff positions are available in many locations that offer adults the opportunity to make a difference for young people, develop friendships with fellow staff, learn more about God's creation, and improve their training skills.
Aim: The Advent Message to All the World in My Generation
Explanation: My relationship to Jesus Christ is of such a nature that it compels me to share with any who will receive it, the gospel—the good news of His soon return.
Motto: The Love of Christ Compels Me
Explanation: I am drawn to Him by His exemplary life, the symbolic act of His crucifixion, His conquering resurrection, and His promise of an earth made new in the pattern of the original creation. The closer I find myself to Him, the closer I find myself identifying with the needs of my fellow human beings.
By the grace of God,
I will be pure, and kind, and true.
I will keep the Pathfinder Law.
I will be a servant of God and
a friend to man.
The Law is for me to:
Keep the morning watch
Do my honest part
Care for my body,
Keep a level eye
Be courteous and obedient
Walk softly in the sanctuary,
Keep a song in my heart,
Go on God's errand.
Oh, we are the Pathfinders strong,
The servants of God are we.
Faithful as we march along,
In kindness, truth, and purity
A Message to tell to the world,
A truth that will set us free!
King Jesus the Savior's coming back
For you, and me!